Slimming World Online and all associated services are not intended as a substitute for any advice or treatment prescribed by a doctor.
It is the responsibility of each member to ensure that there are no medical reasons why they should not embark upon a slimming campaign. If in any doubt at all, members should check with their doctor.
Slimming World Online’s medical policy is:
- Slimming World Online is not available to members under the age of 18. The advice given in the public area is not intended for use by those under 18.
- Anyone who has any medical problems, is taking any medication, is pregnant or breast-feeding must disclose this information during registration.
- Members with diabetes or coeliac disease will be able to benefit fully from Slimming World Online and should always incorporate the advice given by their care team or GP.
- Because our members’ health is of primary import, we’re unable to offer membership to the following groups:
- People with eating disorders
If you have or if you are concerned that you may have an eating disorder it is important to consult your doctor for advice.
- People with cancer, liver or kidney disease
There is always a risk that any weight changes you experience could be due to your illness rather than dietary adjustments and we would be concerned about supporting you properly and fully in your weight loss campaign. If you are looking to lose weight during your illness or treatment, we would encourage you to discuss your weight concerns with your doctor or specialist.
- Mums to be
Members who become pregnant after joining Slimming World Online may continue to enjoy the members’ area of the website , however access to the weight support service will be limited
- Membership is offered to breastfeeding mothers a minimum of 6 weeks after the birth of their baby.
If you have a medical condition which may be adversely affected by exercise you should consult your doctor before following any exercise information given. It is required that each member takes personal responsibility for themselves when doing any exercise which has been advised by Slimming World or their representative, either at or outside the group. If at any time while exercising a member feels any ill effects then they must stop doing the exercise and it is advisable that they check this out with their doctor.
We always recommend members follow the medical and any dietary advice they have been given by their doctor or other health professional.